Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Jd 410c foaming fluid thru reverser dip stick

Customer Question
jd 410c foaming fluid thru reverser dip stick
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
have checked trans screen change hyd filter change fluid after runs few min in gear blows hyd fluid foam thru dip stick
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/3/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Have you removed the lower cover of the reverser and checked the strainer in it? Looks like there are two strainers, and one is transmission , the other is the reverser.

For the air to enter the oil and foam, the pump is sucking air or aerating from lack of fluid to it.

did check strainer ok clean

Did you pull the cover?

No abnormal metal or o'rings found?

no metal of any kind fluid clean

The pump has to be sucking air. You say you did remove the flat cover?

did remove cover everything clean

pump is external? Are the connections good? O'rings good? Has to be air being sucked in .

been away for a few days but we found the problem it was the breather on top of reverser

?? breather was just leaking fluid?