Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2005 JD 3320. The front loader control lever does…

I have a 2005 JD...
I have a 2005 JD 3320. The front loader control lever does not allow the front loader to lower smoothly. There is a "hitch" in the action. All my fluids are at their proper levels. When lowering the bucket if I hold the action against the "hitch" it may allow the bucket to creep down but when I push it beyond the "hitch" the bucket drops fast. This "hitch" also interferes with the floating bucket action. It wants to kick out of the float position, and I have to hold it in place. I have had the tractor about 7 years and it has worked flawlessly until this problem. Any ideas?
Thanks for your time, Paul.
11/29/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

On the bottom of the control valve section for the function with the (hitch) is a cover that houses the return spring and detent section for the valve spool. Remove the cover and you will find it rusted up or with a spring hanging on the valve spool. Loader valve is not shown with the tractro model. Would be shown with loader model. What is loader model?

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/PU02/PU02183________UN25AUG09.gif

Here is typical valve, # ***** is the detent cover.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
I have not had a chance to address your answer. I have been looking for that part (spool valve) in more detail. The picture you pointed me to does not look like the control valve that operates my loader (300CX), I think I found the one that does on the John Deere parts web site (LVA15441 Spool Valve). But I cannot find any exploded view of it that would show the spring. I live in the desert so I do not think it is rust but it might be broken. Is this a do-it-yourself job? The whole valve is very expensive. Thanks for the quick response, I was not expecting it so fast. I will give a rating on the assumption you have seen this issue before and are sure of the issue. I may not get to it for a weekend or two if I can do it. I included what I think the loader system is that includes the spool valve. All I have are the operating manuals for the tractor and loader but they don't show any of the systems in detail. I am trying to find an exploded view of that spool valve mentioned above. Thanks again for the help.