Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

I have a deere 410j and I was moving a 40' container with

Customer Question
I have a john deere...
I have a john deere 410j and I was moving a 40' container with the digging bucket now the bucket doesn't tilt. did I overload it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/22/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Overloaded? Maybe, but it should not have quit. Could the cylinder rod be bent? Or the cylinder could have blown internal seals. If you loosen hoses to the cylinder, do you have oil to the cylinder?

Cyclinder is not bent

Is it getting fluid? If it is getting fluid, figure out which hose would be pressure, then remove the opposite hose on the cylinder, and pressure up the cylinder. If oil comes out the open hole, the cylinder has internal leakage.

Everything else works but but the digging bucket wont curl. Extented boom , swing , up and down boom works

Will bucket collapse if you pressure it with boom? If so, cylinder is bad.

Try swapping relief valves from one of the other functions. Each valve section has it's own relief valve.

#3.

No bucket doesnt collaspe when i put pressure. Where do i find the relieve valves

See link above.

Where is that located?
I cant find where that is located? Can you tell me where its located

The bottom of the backhoe control valve. Each section has its own lever and spool.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician