Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Farmall 85C tractor and theseems to be locked in.

Customer Question

I have a Farmall 85C tractor and the*****seems to be locked in. It has a pushbutton switch. Switch and wiring seems to be ok. What else could be wrong?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. You will need a test light and a digital multi meter that reads voltage and OHMs. Test the switch for continuity in both the on and off position using the OHM meter with each lead on the switch terminals. There should be no reading on the off position and almost 0 OHMS in the on position... If no reading either way the switch is bad. You can test the wiring the same way. A wire with no break will read close to 0 OHMS and no reading if the wire is open. If that tests good then test for power in and out of the switch in both positions and then to the solenoid for 4wd. If the solenoid has power and ground but wont engage, replace the faulty solenoid. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved or still need more help?