Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I recently changed the fuel line filters on my BX25 Kubota

Customer Question

I recently changed the fuel line filters on my BX25 Kubota tractor. When I tried to start it afterwards it ran for about 5 seconds and then shut off. I tried to turn the key on for 30+secords to get the air out of the line without success. How do I get this fixed. I want to pull the line off near the carb and try to get the pump to blow any air out of the line and thus hopefully start the engine. Any suggestions?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Bx is diesel , so it does not have carburetor, it has injection pump body. You have fuel tank, then fuel filter, then the electric fuel pump,and then the second filter, just before the injection pump. Open the bleeder or remove the hose from the last filter at the injection pump body,and turn the key on to let the electric fuel pump work.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Let it pump until all you get all the air out and only have fuel flowing. The connect the fuel line or close the bleed screw. Then see if the tractor will start.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If tractor does not start, loosen the high pressure fuel pipes at the cylinder head, one for each cylinder, and crank engine until there is fuel squirting. Then tighten the lines and start the tractor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried both of your suggestions and got no results. ???????? My next step may be to get a mech. in.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Are you getting fuel to the injection pump?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The tractor has a stop solenoid, that kills engine, is it stuck in the kill position? That would keep the fule from getting to the injectors? What was the result of the tests? Fuel or no fuel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
be patient the tractor is at a remote site which I can only get to 2-3 times a week
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK, I'm retired, and have plenty of time,!