Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I've got a Kubota M4030DT that I have been cleaning up and

Customer Question

I've got a Kubota M4030DT that I have been cleaning up and doing some painting on. Been starting/running fine but I went to put it back in the shed and it won't start. I just get a click from a solenoid when I turn the key - nothing else happens. I've checked the electrical connections to make sure I didn't loosen anything. Maybe there is a safety switch somewhere that I need to check? Serial number is *****
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. First check, clean tighten all grounds and battery connections between the battery and starter as well as test the battery with a digital tester for its internal condition. A battery can test 12V but still not put out the cranking amps needed once it becomes old and weak. If that passes ok then the next step is to test for power at the starter to see if there is power there in the start position indicating a faulty starter. LEt me know the results and if we need to dig deeper.