Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a kubota MX 5100. The oil level is increasing and I…

I have a kubota MX...
I have a kubota MX 5100.
The oil level is increasing and I believe it's fuel that's getting in the oil. It runs fine until it warms up then it runs terrible and smokes a bluish color smoke. Can anyone tell me what the problem may be?
11/5/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

The fuel transfer pump is letting fuel enter the crankcase.

The shaft seal is leaking, the smoke is the oil being too thin from the contaminated oil.

That is the first thing to check. Most likely the problem. Change the pump, replace with fresh oil and filter and that should do it!

If I have run the tractor a few hours do you think it has hurt the engine

I would not run tractor with the oil diluted, engine damage can occur, If you have to, can you change the engine oil and filter?

I can change the oil and filter.
Is the fuel transfer pump difficult to change?

No,just two bolts and two hoses, mounted on the side of the injection pump body.

# *****

Ok thanks so much for your help I think I will try this and see if it works before I take it to the shop!

Thanks, ***** ***** to close.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician