Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My. Deere 5200 slowed to a stop as if out of fuel wouldn't…

Customer Question
My. John Deere 5200 slowed...
My. John Deere 5200 slowed to a stop as if out of fuel wouldn't restart had been running fine for about 2 hrs. Diesel engine
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
This is not a small engine it is a full size farm tractor
11/2/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Do you get fuel coming to the injection pump, if you open the bleeder and work the hand primer on the fuel filter housing? Have the fuel filters been changed lately? Any water in the fuel filter bowl? Is the fuel solenoid in the pump head, clicking open when key is turned on?

If no fuel to injection pump, look for fuel line blockage from the tank to the filter.

Did you find problem?