Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Couch Deere 4040

Customer Question
Couch for John Deere 4040...
Couch for John Deere 4040
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Cluch for John Deere 4040
Very little free play on clutch pedal on John Deere 4040
Answered in 5 days by:
10/28/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

What is problem? Quad rang transmission, or power shift? Quad range has conventional clutch, which free play is adjusted with the clutch linkage.

4040 John Deere with quad range trans.Have adjusted clutch peddle 5.5 inches from floor board. Peddle still right out before
Clutch engages.

How much freeplay do you have?

Free play is basically clutch peddle right out very uncomfortable to operate .That said ,clutch dosen't slip.Tractor has a 158 loader use it for loader work and pulling a rotary mower conditioner.

As Long as clutch will release, you can freeplay, or lower pedal , to see if it is easier to operate. Th e only thing you don;t want is no freeplay, which can keep pressure on the clutch parts.

Their dosen't seem to be an adjustment on clutch rod,just the hex bushing with the offset hole in itself.but this doesn't change peddle very much . Maybe clutch is wore out?

# ***** is the shim you added? With no change?

You have had the valve off and checked all the springs?

If,so I would expect the clutch to be worn excessively.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician