Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

I have a x300r, she starts and runs fine but the blades

Customer Question
Hi, I have a x300r...
Hi, I have a x300r, she starts and runs fine but the blades won't start! I used it as normal, parked it up, went to it 4 days later and nothing when I lift the pto switch, my hearing is not good, but my wife assures me there is no clicking sound coming from the pto area.
I have tested the safety switches, ie got out of the seat with brake on and off, tried to start engine without brake depressed and tried to start engine with pto switch up, all seem to ok.
Kind regards
Phil
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/12/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Deere uses a relay to keep pto on. It has two relays, # ***** , one is the pto relay.

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/PU03/PU03467________UN16DEC10.gif

Relays are the same, you could swap for test, or follow wire colors for pto.

Hi Curtis, I followed the wires from pto to relay, swapped them over, still no power at pto, then followed other relay, which goes to brake switch and blocked chute sensor, so presumably they need to work in tandem? Is there anyway of short circuiting one or testing them?
Phil

Relay has diagram on the side. Use volt/ohm meter to test.

Have you checked for voltage at the clutch harness?

Both relays seem to test ok, there are two wires which come out of the clutch into a block connector, I'm testing for voltage at that point, but still no power

Follow wire colors from the clutch connection and see where they go. Wires may be damaged!

I've checked all visible wires along the whole of the wiring loom, no damaged wires.

Did you follow the wire colors?

I followed the wire colours and checked all others that were visible also

Did you probe the wires for voltage?

I've tested at every block connector and relay, can't get voltage at any of the pto wires.
The wires are as follows, a red and a black from clutch, into a block connector, then leave as a blue and a black, black then goes to common connector with 3 other blacks, two then go one to each relay and the third goes to pressure switch.
The blue goes to a relay, another blue leaves the relay and goes to the pressure switch, I can't get voltage at any of these points. I have the ignition key in run position, but engine not running, the brake off, the pto switch engaged and the wife sat in the seat.

Battery voltage to the pto switch? Power has to be there, before it goes to relay or clutch.

power at the pto switch

Power out?

Power out on the grey wire which goes to the electronic control unit, nothing out on the blue wire, the two purple wires are reading 200 mv, not sure what that's all about! I've broken the end off my voltmeter so will need to get another one tomorrow after work, will be in touch then.

OK

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician