Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a deere sst15 riding mower replaced both actuaters…

I have a john deere...
I have a john deere sst15 riding mower replaced both actuaters while going forword it turns sometimes and sometimes not. It will work perfect until you hit reverse then it won,t steer forword what is the adjustment on actuators or is their a relay for forword and one for reverse
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/5/2015
Mechanic: Rex L., Contractor replied 7 years ago
Rex L.
Rex L., Contractor

You need to check the vacuum line coming from the engine to the actuators. Check it good where it starts to run along the frame by the foot rest. They tend to rub there and get a hole rubbed in the line. If you are sure you have good vacuum you need to check the switches for the steering. They are located inside the frame on right rear. These switches can be check with volt meter or test light. Both these have to be working or adjusted right for the system to work. These switches are activated by the steering wheel.

Rex L.
Rex L., Contractor