spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types semis,forklifts,farm,fire,ect.
65057319

I had a hydraulic oil leak on one of my cylinders on the

Customer Question

I had a hydraulic oil leak on one of my cylinders on the front end loader while I was schreading and did not realize it until the stearing and bucket leavers quit working. I took the leaking cylinders off and had them repaired. Now I have no hydraulics. Is it possible I runed the pump running it dry or is it just not priming?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Sorry for long delay.
Most likely running pump dry caused pump damage but just to make sure try priming system,,the lines you replaced crack one end open to bleed any air,,start tor turn engine over with loosened line/s to bleed air.
Before condemning pump, remove large line (suction line)at pump,,if dry remove line and fill with fluid,,it's possible it can't pull fluid since it's full of air before and after pump causing a air lock.
I also like pulling other lines and prefill best you can,,sometimes its impossible because of difficulty with pump /line location but worth a shot.
Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time from the web site.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
Thanks
spanky