Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Ford 3000 gas tractor, removing the Zenith (a replacement

Customer Question

Ford 3000 gas tractor, removing the Zenith (a replacement for the Holly) Carburetor.
The needle valve is sticking and leaking gas from the carburetor when trying to start it. The tractor won't start. Wanted to take the carburetor for a rebuild. The tractor has a Woods loader so there isn't much room.
I have the choke linkage loose, the gas line off, the two bolts holding the carburetor loose, the air inlet off. I can't see or figure out how to disconnect the throttle linkage. Can't find a manual that gives details on how it all is put together. There is a governor spring (?) that might be involved.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The throttle linkage has a spring loaded socket , that slips over the ball stud on the carburetor. So just take a screwdriver and pry the socket off the ball.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

On reassembly, it just snaps into place!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://www.messicks.com/nh/67519?sectionId=21636&diagramId=67519_496539