dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
Experience:  Road mechanic for Volvo Construction Equipment.
11640745

My LT180 won't start, it turn over but does not even

Customer Question

my LT180 won't start, it turn over but does not even sputter. How do I check to see if it is getting gas or spark. I cleaned the sparkplugs.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will try to answer your question. SO to verify fuel is getting to the spark plugs. try starting several times using choke and then remove the plug. If it is dry then there is no fuel going to the combustion chamber. Also while at this point plug the spark wire onto the plug and then rest the plug on the bare frame or metal part of the engine. Turn over with keyswitch and you should see spark either on the point to the engine steel grounding the plug or the point where the gap is on the plug. Do not hold onto the plug or you will be shocked. Once done my next step would be to inspect the carb, remove the fuel bowl and look for water or corrosion in bowl which will need to be cleaned and remounted.