How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 3508
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
Type Your Agriculture and Farm Equipment Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Curtis, I have a DK40se. While performing the 50 hr maintenance,

Customer Question

Curtis, I have a DK40se. While performing the 50 hr maintenance, I noticed some hydraulic oil on the bottom of the transmission. It appears to be coming out of the hole where the flywheel would be? Fluid level is a little low. Tractor is not quite a year old. Is this something I should take in for warranty work?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
II would have dealer look at it! There should be no hydraulic oil coming out there. If it is just grease, it can be from the clutch parts just throwing off grease, but if it is thin oil, it is coming from the hydrostat and now is the time to let dealer know. From my experience, it will only get worse and when it is out of warranty, will be on you to pay for repairs!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Please rate to close the question.

Related Agriculture and Farm Equipment Questions