Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Over ten years of expirence in Ag Electronics and Hydraulics
32685367

Kevin, How much deposit do you

Customer Question

Hi Kevin, How much deposit do you
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like you have a 5525 cab tractor with the electronic PTO modulation. While the tractor actually sets a code that would point us directly to the source of the problem it can only be retrieved by a dealer. The most common problem is actually the PTO solenoid on the back of the tractor. Most of the time the solenoid coil shorts out causing the amp draw to slowly increase until the controller kicks the PTO back to neutral. The solenoid should have 8 to 14 ohms of resistance. The other possible problem is the the PTO speed sensor is failing. If the CCU controller fails to see PTO speed with he switch turned on it assumes that the clutch is slipping and shuts it back of to protect the clutch. If the solenoid ohm's out good but the PTO turns on for just a few seconds before turning back off then the speed sensor is most likely faulty.
Please keep me posted if I can be of any further assistance.
Thanks,
Kevin