Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2000 John Deere 4100 Compact tractor. We put a new…

Customer Question
I have a 2000 John...
I have a 2000 John Deere 4100 Compact tractor. We put a new battery and altnerator and cleaned all terminal ends. Mowing with it for 2 hours, it runs the battery down and won't start without recharging the battery.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/2/2015
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 7 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this there is a relay in the charging system, that completes the charging circuit, check voltage at battery, should be 20 Ams, and 13.2 volts if you are not getting this , then that relay is faulty, switch it out with the PTO relay, they are the same If this helped you, Please rate my answer3 stars or higher this is the only way I get credit for the questionIf not, please reply for more infoThank you
where is the relay located that charges the battery from the alternator. Is the safety switch under the seat is that where the relay for the PTO located
Hi
I am not home now,
I can get that info for you tomorrow
if that is OK,
let me know
That will be fine. Thank you for your help.