Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Kubota zd331 I turned the key and the lights went out and now…

Customer Question
Kubota zd331 I turned the...
Kubota zd331 I turned the key and the lights went out and now nothing won't start
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/27/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Do you have a voltmeter to test with? Battery and cable connections are the fist thing to check. Next would be the fuses. The power for the dash comes from the same terminal on the solenoid as the posiitve battery cables attaches to. Then goes through the fuses, to the keyswitch. Power is lost there.
I checked the fuses and all r good next I put a jumper across the safety's nothing. My mower started fine I turn the key the first 3 lights light then one day I turn the key the lights light then go out and will not start.
Did you check the battery voltage and the cables?
Battery 74%
?? Battery voltage above 12.5 volts? Same voltage at key and starter solenoid?
Do I need to turn the key to have voltage at solenoid also should I only have it on one spot on switch
Solenoid has voltage from the battery all the time, on the large post. The small post only gets voltage when key is turned to start. The keyswitch should have voltage at the battery post, before it is turned on.
I have 12.5volts at selomoid and battery.its a lot of volts to get key switch out but I have same there.now what?
If you jump the starter solenoids positive battery post, to the small switch pot does the engine spin? It should ,if the battery , cables , solenoid and starter are good. ???
Yes it spun
What's that mean it's not getting power to the starter ,where would that come from
Comes off the keyswitch, to the switch wire on solenoid.
But safety switches will keep it from working
I put a jumper on safety switches and nothing changed.anuthing else I can try
Where do the lights come into affects.so ur saying if could be the switch.would anything else keep the switch from sending power.
Do you have volt/ohm meter to check the continuity of the switches and harness
Keyswitch can be bad!
So I ohmed the key switch and have coutinutity at different places as the key is turned...I'm kinda getting fed up and may just take it to the shop if we can't figure it out.i checked the fuses the volts to starter battery key switch all the safety switches were jumped.idk
Do you have continuity from the switch wire on the key switch , to the switcj wire on the solenoid?
I ended up taking my mower to shop and they found a loose wire, thanks for your help but im not satisfied with not having a fixed answer.. when the lights by the switch do not come on its got something to do with the grounds wire which I learned from the shop...
Thanks for the reply!