Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Dan. I first want to apologize how i responded to you on…

Customer Question
Hi Dan. I first want...
Hi Dan. I first want to apologize how i responded to you on the other issue on a tn75s. I was under a ton of stress and unfortunately you got the blow. I was wondering if you would be willing to help me on a john deere 4760 power shift. The pto is slipping
and I was wondering where I go to fix this problem? Thanks. r
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/26/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, Technician
Thanks for the apology. I completely understand how things can get when there are deadlines and equipment is down. What kind of symptoms are you having with the PTO?
The pto will spin equipment with no load but when I put it under tension or load it will stop until I release the tension.
Is this on different attachments or just a particular one? If it is on all attachments then your clutch disks are likely worn. The other thing to check is the suction screen to see if it is plugged with debris restriction oil to the pump and check for signs of metal and friction material. Let me know
No its on other implements as well. The tractor pulls really good and hydraulics work well. How do I change the pto clutch?
Did my reply come through?
Thanks for the update. First check the linkage to be sure nothing is binding or preventing full engagement. Also check your cab mounts as if they are bad the cab can settle and throw off your adjustment. If ok the final step is to check your pressure and also look for metal/debris in the oil and strainer indicating an internal failure.I do not have the manual for this particular model to be able to say what the different specs and procedures are between models so I recommend having the service book on hand to be sure a step is not missed. I found a manual on CD for a reasonable price. Copy and paste this link in your browser. Let me know if you would like me to opt out in case another expert may have the service book pages to upload for you?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/361230993124?item=361230993124&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true
Ok I will check that out. Aside from that tell me where is the pto clutch? Someone told me it is not on the flywheel like quad and syncro transmission. I would like to have someone tell me where it is!!!
Sure. It is in the differential section of the housing. Go to this link to access the online parts breakdown. Also check the PTO clutch valve for debris and problems as well. Type in your model, click sectional index. Then you will see the sections. http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.homepageservlet_alt
So would that be under the rock shaft housing or in the center of the transmission?
Middle of the transmission
Do I need to split the transmission to remove my shaft where the pto clutch and plates are on?
Hi, Sorry for the delay. I am buried on the road this week and only available mostly in the eves this week. I dug through my archives and I do not have the manual here for this particular model to be able to upload the info for you but I did find a CD copy for only 72 dollars for you. There is another expert by the name of Kevin on here that might be able to take over on this one but I am not sure his availability but I can send him the link to this question by e mail and see if maybe he can pick this up if youd like. Let me know Here is the link to copy and paste for the CD manuals I found. Paper manuals are 150 and up. The publication number is ***** 1460. I recommend having this on hand for any major work.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xtm1460.TRS0&_nkw=tm1460&_sacat=0
Yes I saw that manual but the time frame was too long to get the manual.. could you send this to him or someone that can help me with this?
I understand. I will opt out so other experts can see this post and I will e mail Kevin as well for you. No need to rate as this is getting out of the area I am familiar with.