Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

F525 mower: 1. Mower ground speed is too slow.

Customer Question
F525 mower: 1. Mower ground speed...
F525 mower:
1. Mower ground speed is too slow. How to increase it?
2. Starting problem. Turn key to "on". Gage Lights light.
Turn key to "start". CLICK (10-20xx)then starts. Why?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/23/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Specs say it goes 5 mph in forward and 2.5 maximum in reverse. All you can do is be sure the forward pedal is moving the forward lever on the transmission control valve the full travel! If it is, you have all the travel speed you are going to get! The clicking at start is the starter solenoid, Try jumping the starter solenoids posiitve post, to the smaller switch post on the same solenoid. If it clicks like it does when the key is turned, replace the solenoid, if it starts every time, check the voltage and the wire from the keyswitch. you may not be getting enough voltage or amperage from the keyswitch. Here is Deere basic manual and specs for the F525. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMM144025_H0/Output/144025h019.html