Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Dan I'm peter, I have a l70d sn dv19507.I bought I with

Customer Question
hi dan I'm peter, I...
hi dan I'm peter, I have a l70d sn dv19507.
I bought I with a bad no1 pump [steering]. the previous owner had a Volvo mechanic work on it and he plugged off 3th function and did something to make it run on the no 2 pump. I had both pumps rebuild and put new compensators on. the holding pressure is 420 and work pressure 3700. it still keeps breaking the shafts on the pumps,replaced several pump shafts.i am lost
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/22/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. I would first start with running through the schematics in the manual to be sure all the lines are connected how they should be and there are no return restrictions, stuck reliefs and other modifications and changes from the initial conversion to one pump. It is very possible they did some other modifications causing this problem. Let me know

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Let me know if you need more help or please feel free to rate if my information has helped as that is how the experts receive credit for their time on the site.

hi dan, ichecked all the lines and return hoses and they all seem to be ok.

when it brakes the pump shaft its not working the engine on the loader,

Thanks for the update. There is another expert on the site I can pass you onto that still works For Volvo and could likely help check for any service updates and bulletins as well as some schematics. Ill shoot him over an e mail with the link to this question. There may be a campaign on this issue.