Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 1958 Ford 800 tractor. I just had all electrical…

Customer Question
I have a 1958 Ford...
I have a 1958 Ford 800 tractor. I just had all electrical parts replaced and the tractor starts and runs great...except when under a load. I put a bush hog on it and when going up hill under load it will backfire and run rough. When I turn and go back downhill it runs fine again. Seems like the longer I go the worse it gets...
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/21/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Has the strainer in the bottom of the tank, where either there is strainer, or just a shutoff valve with line going to strainer, been removed and cleaned? This is often overlooked and you drain the tank in the process!
No it hasn't. I will try that. Thanks.
OK, let me know.