Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I just put a new hydraulic pump on my l 4040 crane truck and…

Customer Question
I just put a new...
I just put a new hydraulic pump on my l 4040 crane truck and I can't get any pressure over500 lbs
Is there a pressure adjustment valve?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/20/2015
Mechanic: Jeremy R., Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., Mechanic
Hi there, I'm Jeremy I'm going to help you with your question.On the side of the pump itself there should be a screw that you can turn to raise and lower the pump output pressure.Some are flathead, some are allen. Have someone run a function and turn the screw while watching the gauge if you can do that whithout being in harms way. If not then do the adjustment and test afterwards little at a time go 1 turn each time to get it set.
No adjustment on pump
Then the only thing that will limit the pressure is the main relief valve on the hydraulic manifold