Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

2006 MasseyFerguson 1540 .. 1020 hours clean filter, full…

Customer Question
2006 MasseyFerguson 1540 .....
2006 MasseyFerguson 1540 .. 1020 hours clean filter, full bowl . Working fine, warm day. Will not restart .. Starter rotation normal pump purring away non-stop but engine will not start ..
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/15/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Look at the fuel shutoff solenoid, located to the left of the injection pump. It has to retract when you turn on the key, and has to stay retracted for engine to get fuel. You can remove the two bolts holding it in place and slip it back, to see if the engine will start. If it does, then you can check the solenoid for battery voltage with the key on If it has voltage and does not retract, the solenoid needs to be replaced.