Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Tractor electric system heats up after a few min. Running…

Customer Question
Tractor electric system heats up...
Tractor electric system heats up after a few min. Running
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 3 days by:
6/10/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help with this if you still need help. What other symptoms are you having with this when this happens? Misfire? Stalling? No start? smoke?
Misfire and stalling
Thanks for the update. If you have new plugs, cap wires and rotor I recommend Putting a timing light on it to see if possibly you might have jumped time and if the timing checks ok check the points and condensor and possibly for a faulty distributor that could be grounding out. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper.