Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My 4100 jd has shorted out at the junction block twice, and

Customer Question

my 4100 jd has shorted out at the junction block twice, and melted the block and wires together. Is there a history of a problem such as this??? suggestions???
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Take a very close look at all your main cable connections and grounds. Clean and insect all your harness, battery, starter, and alternator connections as well as your relays. Look for any harness repairs or bypassed wires that someone might have done in the past and if so inspect to be sure there are no shorts or back feeds. Your dealer can check by serial number to see if there were any bulletins on this issue or recalls. Let me know