Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 2008 M6040 kubota tractor died while mowing and won't…

My 2008 M6040 kubota tractor...
My 2008 M6040 kubota tractor died while mowing and won't restart turning key gives no response pulled solenoid from injector pump and started it by jumping across starter solenoid and ran fine. Put jumper in seat and pto safety switch plugs no response
replaced 2 bigger relays no respounce I am stumped please help
6/3/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
There are three large fuses in the engine compartment, in addition to the fuses under the dash area. The front fuses would keep engine from starting. Do you have any lights showing? With it dieing and won't restart, I would be checking the slow blow fuses at the engine area.
All 3 large fuses show contaniuity I jumped across both large relays and one jumped starter other injector pump solenoid is there another safety switch I'm missing there was 3 plugs together one for seat one for pto and didn't know what the other was Jumped it anyway but did nothing
Was there any debris in the mowing area that could have pulled a harness loose or wire off a sensor? The key has to be something that happened that let the unit die while in operation. the restart is affected by what ever happened? With all switches and fuses good, it would seem to be a broken connection somewhere.??
Where r the sensors I need to be checking? There wasn't anything that should have broken anythingI also noticed the pto light was on on the instrument panel when key on wondering if that only comes on with ignition then goes out once started or if that's my problem
!! pto light should only be on , when pto is engaged. It will keep the starter circuit from starting, but I wonder why it would have killed engine?
Is there a computer box on it that could have gone bad?
I doubt it. Go back to the pto switch and harness in the AM. and check it. Your jumpers may be causing more problems than they help!
to bypass seat and pto safety switch do I cut out plug and join wires or just disconnect plug?
Don't bypass them, check them with ohm meter to see if they make and break.
I ran wires from the ign switch to the starter relay and injector relay and worked great
OK, sounds like a simple solution! Thanks.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician