Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Having issues getting the blades to engage on f525 john deere 1993 mow…

Customer Question
Having issues getting the blades...
Having issues getting the blades to engage on f525 john deere 1993 mower. Just bought mower at sale, it worked fine the the first few mowings. Seems to me that there might be a short or bad switch.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/3/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Do you have a voltmeter to test the pto switch and the pto clutch? Do you have any starting issue, that would indicate the battery voltage is low? If battery voltage is below 12 volts, the pto clutch will not engage.
I waited too long for an answer, your first response took at least 15 mimutes. I worked with my brother in-law decided to replace the switch and the mower works like a charm. I wasn't happy with time it took or the response I received, I am not willing to pay the amount charged.
Sorry, the experts on this site work when they have the time, I work from home and answered as soon as I turned on the computer. 53 minutes after you posted the question.