Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Ford 976 1-3 and Rev. Shifting lever part number and price…

Customer Question
Ford 976 1-3 and Rev...

Ford 976 1-3 and Rev. Shifting lever part number and price if worn could it get stuck in gear? or have problems shifting?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/1/2015
Mechanic: dd85, Foreman replied 2 years ago
dd85
dd85, Foreman
Yes if the fork is worn you could have trouble getting into gear or getting stuck in gear. the way to shift is to just go past the neutral position then back to neutral then to the right of left. this makes sure the fork in in the neutral position before you shift to the side.
It is stuck now hired hand broke lever would it e wise to undo linkage under cab and take the four bolts out and pull the whole mechanism out so a person can see
What is going on. The transmission sounds normal it is not binding like it would be if it was trying to go into two different gears. Just stopped tractor and could not get it out of gear.it was in gear all afternoon stopped and could not get it out of gear.
Normally you can take a bar and pry the shifting lever back into the neutral position. with out taking loose the linkage. When in neutral yes you can take off the side cover, but make sure every thing is in neutral. and some oil will come out.
Is this a 12 speed or 15 speed? you are on the 1 2 3 R shift sorry I am attaching a picture of the 12 speed so you can see what is there.
12 speed
I was thinking the 946 D6 at first.See if the attachment helps.
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician