Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 4840 massey ferguson and I seem to possibly be

Customer Question

hi I have a 4840 massey ferguson and I seem to possibly be having cavitation occuring in the transmission oil...thoughts....sugestions
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Cavitation or aeration is caused by air being sucked into the system before the pump. Have you checked the suction screen on the transmission? I can't pull up a parts list for the 4840??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no I haven't...there isn't one....theres a suction filter and pressure filter....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the 4840 is listed under 4800/4900 agco star
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Has the suction filter been replaced? All all the connections on the suction side of the transmission pump vacuum tight? Any leak in the suction side shows as air in the system. Air can only enter on the suction side of the pump, as everything after the pump is under pressure.