Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Im Matt, i was just cutting the grass with a kubota B7510…

Customer Question
Hi im Matt, i was...
Hi im Matt, i was just cutting the grass with a kubota B7510 and it stalled while i was cutting the grass, and wont restart
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/29/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Engine spins but won't start. Are you getting any smoke from the exhaust when cranking? No smoke, no fuel to the injectors. I see no fuel solenoid, so I assume this engine kills with the throttle and not with the key? Was engine out of fuel? Have you tried to prime the unit?
is there a choke on this beast and is the dipstick under the seat for oil?
it started again cut the grass for a lap around the yard and it stalled again, this is too weird, the exhaust was ok. Is there a choke somewhere on it, and is the oil dipstick under the front of the seat?
This is a diesel engine, and does not have a choke! Does it kill with the key? I didn't find a shutoff solenoid, but this is what this sounds like,a bad fuel shutoff. Engine Oil dipstick is on the side of the engine, not under the seat.
oh boy you re right, what an idiot I am. well it was about 2 - 3 litres gas, and it was almost out of fuel so oh boy. my landlord is takin it well, ill have to buy all new filters for him. and the labour does the system have to be flushed out?
The fuel needs to be drained, and the fuel in the injection system flushed by priming until you only get clean diesel . Then crank engine and run, hopefully there is no damage from the gas!
thanx bro have a good weekend, last friday lost the trani my olds alero, one would think that a dipstick for a transmission is necessary, well think again, owners manual suggests you contort your hand unscrew the cap, and stick a straight screw driver in the hole to see if you have any thingh in there. Unreal. $1300.00 to r n r thats real. What Im going to do is go to the wreckers take a trani dipstick and tube from a honda they are short. Drill the cap to fit the tube and now we have a working dip stick
Thank you, ***** ***** and accept to close the question.