Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 275GT that is 20 years old. Never have had any problems

Customer Question

I have a 275GT that is 20 years old. Never have had any problems with it. The last time I mowed it stalled. When I got it started again, it would rev and almost die, over and over. Can't get it running right. I cleared the the fuel lines but did not help.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
GT275! This engine has the pulse fuel pump. Are you getting fuel to the carburetor from the fuel pump when cranking? If no fuel, see if the fuel pump will suck from a fuel container. The tank or line from tank to the pump may be plugged. And check the pulse line from the crankcase to be sure it is open and moving the pump diaphragm.