Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

John Deere f 935 no power to the selinod on the small wire…

Customer Question
john Deere f 935 no...
john Deere f 935 no power to the selinod on the small wire actually I have 2.089 volts when I turn the key to the start position
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/28/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
You have 12 + volts at the battery and the starter solenoids battery post?

yes on the battery cable

What do you have at the starter switch wire at the key switch end?

12 v

Maybe need a new wire from switch to solenoid!

tried that have twelve volts on the switch in the start position I run a new wire 12v to the starter plug it in nothing can run a jumper wire from the selinod and touch it to the positive cable and it starts every time

!! Does the voltage drop at the key switch end? Maybe the power wire to the keyswitch from the solenoids battery post is loosing voltage through the fuse or fuse holder, not carrying enough amps.

on the key switch I have 11.5v where the black wire plugs in then when I plug the black wire in and tryi

on the key switch I have 11.5v where the black wire plugs in then when I plug the black wire in and try it I have nothing

What is the voltage at the battery? The 11.5 volts is too low to start the engine. Is battery at 11.5 volts? Has to be a minimum of 12.5 volts and fully charged would be 13.5 volts.