Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

On a small ag tractor with electronic start how do I start…

Customer Question
on a small ag tractor...
on a small ag tractor with electronic start how do I start it if it runs out of diesel
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/24/2015
Mechanic: spankyjr1, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
First thing you want to do is hook up a battery charger in case it will take some extra cranking to get going and keep you from burning up starter,,,then drop fuel filter/s down and fill them,,,(I personally would change filter/s since you probably got some junk in it,, but it's not mandatory) install filter/s,,, if you have injection lines that come off pump and go to cylinder head loosen lines,,,,crank engine until fuel comes out lines,,,tighten lines,,,while holding accelerator all the way down start engine and hold it at high RPM for at least a minute to clear any remaining air.
If you have any issues let me know I'm happy to assist.
Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
spanky
Mechanic: spankyjr1, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
I'm just following up to see if we resolved the issue or you need more info.
I would appreciate a reply so I know you are happy with my assistance.
Thanks
spanky
spankyjr1
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman