Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Have a John Deere F935 that stopped while mowing, had power

Customer Question

Have a John Deere F935 that stopped while mowing, had power but will not turn over.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Yanmar diesel? Can you turn the engine by hand or wrench? To be sure engine has not seized? Do you have a voltmeter to check the unit? Does the fuel pump come on with key? Glow plug show to come on? If no fuel pump or glow plug, no power to the key switch. Is battery and cables good? Is the big fuse/circuit breaker at the left fender opening in place?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The engine will turn at the flywheel evrything else is ok

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Glow plug and fuel pump come on with key? Fuse under the fender in place and tight? I assume the starter is not turning the engine.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Curtis,

I found a forum in John Deere that is the same as mine, it may be the hydraulic drive valve out of adjustment. I am going out to check it out. I can be reached on(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
It quit under use. Sounds like a loss of voltage to me. If starter is turning and engine does not start, then fuel solenoid could be keeping fuel shutoff. But drive valve out of adjustment?