Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a John Deere F935 that stopped while mowing, had power…

Customer Question
Have a John Deere F935...
Have a John Deere F935 that stopped while mowing, had power but will not turn over.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/24/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Yanmar diesel? Can you turn the engine by hand or wrench? To be sure engine has not seized? Do you have a voltmeter to check the unit? Does the fuel pump come on with key? Glow plug show to come on? If no fuel pump or glow plug, no power to the key switch. Is battery and cables good? Is the big fuse/circuit breaker at the left fender opening in place?

The engine will turn at the flywheel evrything else is ok

Glow plug and fuel pump come on with key? Fuse under the fender in place and tight? I assume the starter is not turning the engine.

Curtis,

I found a forum in John Deere that is the same as mine, it may be the hydraulic drive valve out of adjustment. I am going out to check it out. I can be reached on(###) ###-####/p>

It quit under use. Sounds like a loss of voltage to me. If starter is turning and engine does not start, then fuel solenoid could be keeping fuel shutoff. But drive valve out of adjustment?