Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I would like to know the value of a 1940 Farmall A tractor.

Customer Question

I would like to know the value of a 1940 Farmall A tractor. Fully restored and perfect running condition.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Restorations are never worth the money and time a person puts into them. A perfect Farmall A is worth what an interested buyer is willing to pay. I can buy a really nice one for $2500.00 and ones to restore for less than $800.00. But if you can find the right person that wants one like he grew up with and is willing to pay the price, and wants to show it at car and tractor shows, he may be willing to pay $5000.00! It comes down to how quick you want to sell it, a cheaper price will get it sold much quicker than a higher price. I use Craig's list as a good local place to sell my projects. Here is a link to typical tractors.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.tractorspot.com/antique/farmall#.VWB6QvlViko