Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 24 yeear old G2000 gas engine tractor the

Customer Question
I have a 24 yeear...
I have a 24 yeear old G2000 gas engine tractor for about the last 8 years the tractor stalls out when the temperture gauge gets to about 1/2 way in warm weather. It's fine in winter. It won't restart till it cools off and then I get black smoke coming out exhaust.It seem like vapor lock. I even insulated gas line to carb. I have had new Carburator, coil, Plugs, Fuel pump, gas lines, cap, rotar, points, condensor, therostat, and even had radiator boiled out . Nothing seems to work any suggestions?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/23/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
I see an electric solenoid in the base of the carburetor. It plugs the main jet in the carburetor. It may have come with the new carburetor, if it did, find the old carburetor, and see if you can disable the tip on the solenoid, that plugs the main jet, then install it for test dummy! See if you can hear it click when you tun on the key. Learn that sound, then when it quits, check for the click as you turn key on and off. No click, no fuel!
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
My phone number is(###) ###-####
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
you check the solenoid in the carburetor? Phone calls start at $50.00 and I cannot tell you anything that I can't do here!
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician