Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

The hydraulic oil line that runs from the oil cooler to the…

Customer Question
The hydraulic oil line that...
The hydraulic oil line that runs from the oil cooler to the transmission on a 6400 keeps coming off. The line is just in front of the cab door on the left side as you are sitting the seat. The connection is made right beside the front of the cab. There is a rubber line that connects to a metal line here. The metal line runs to the front of the tractor.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/19/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Is it the pressure line or the return line from the cooler? Either the line is plugged and oil in not returning to the transmission or the cooler is plugged and the oil has no place to go. To check the cooler, you would have to take off both lines and blow backward through the cooler to see if there is an obstruction.
Which line is the return line
Looks like the two lines are right together! The one going to the oil filter would be the return, which means the oil filter could be the restriction. Has oil filter been changed lately?
That may be the problem. we will
Ok, thanks.
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician