Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

So I loaned my tractor out and now have lube oil in my front…

So I loaned my tractor...
So I loaned my tractor out and now have lube oil in my front axle fill at the back of the tractor. What do I need to do?
5/19/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Make and model? You say lube oil, as hydraulic oil or as 90 wt gear oil? In the front axle? Fill at back of tractor?
JD 1070 I believe its a 93. There is a front axle fill that uses a 90wt that had a qt of 5w-30 added to it
You could drain it, but if it were mine, I would leave it. It really won't hurt.
Well it died on me and was losing rpm so I thought maybe it had something to do with that?
No, it will have nothing to do with the way the engine runs. Maybe fuel filter on a diesel tractor would cause it to die and loose rpm.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician