Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Omg The john deere dealer wants $1200 - $1500 to replace the…

Customer Question
omg The john deere...
omg The john deere dealer wants $1200 - $1500 to replace the hose on my husbands tractor hydraulic seat. He is semiretired 93 year old farmer and can't afford that. Can we do it?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/19/2015
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman
Hi I'm Wayne
I will help you with this
That is a lot of money
I suggest you buy the hose P/N RE165591 $56.00
and get a mechanic, to come out and do it
that seat needs to come out and disassembled
and it is very heavy , 200 Lbs, that is a job for a young Buck
You can go around and ask mechanics if they want a
Saturday side job , offer them $200.00-300.00
Hope this helped you
If this helped you, Please rate my answer
If Not, Please USE REPLY BUTTON FOR MORE INFO
Morning
I am just following up with you
Did my answer help you
if not please get back to me
There is no damn "reply button" so maybe this will get to you. Your answer was ridiculous. I can get the part number anywhere on the internet. If we had a mechanic available I wouldn't have tried this to begin with. Forget it. I'll ask John Deere myself.
Sorry I could not help