How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wayne Your Own Question
Wayne, Journeyman
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 9791
Experience:  34 + years as a mechanic
Type Your Agriculture and Farm Equipment Question Here...
Wayne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Omg The john deere dealer wants $1200 - $1500 to replace the

Customer Question

omg The john deere dealer wants $1200 - $1500 to replace the hose on my husbands tractor hydraulic seat. He is semiretired 93 year old farmer and can't afford that. Can we do it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm Wayne
I will help you with this
That is a lot of money
I suggest you buy the hose P/N RE165591 $56.00
and get a mechanic, to come out and do it
that seat needs to come out and disassembled
and it is very heavy , 200 Lbs, that is a job for a young Buck
You can go around and ask mechanics if they want a
Saturday side job , offer them $200.00-300.00
Hope this helped you
If this helped you, Please rate my answer
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
I am just following up with you
Did my answer help you
if not please get back to me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no damn "reply button" so maybe this will get to you. Your answer was ridiculous. I can get the part number anywhere on the internet. If we had a mechanic available I wouldn't have tried this to begin with. Forget it. I'll ask John Deere myself.
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I could not help