Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

International . inital problem was it was missing .changed points.ro

Customer Question
B international . inital problem...
B international . inital problem was it was missing .changed points.rotor, distributor cap, plugs & wires one at a time.No help . went through fule system from tank to carburetor.no help, Found antifreez in oil, found head to be slightly warped,milled head installed all new gaskets. tractor now stars and runs for a short period then seems o be running out of fuel but it is not then dies. again checked carburetor which has been changed and no solution found.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/14/2015
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman
Hi I'm Wayne
I will try to help you with this
check to see if you are losing power to the + side f coil when this does
this , hold a test light on the + terminal,
also did you replace the condenser
let me know
the voltage on the + terminal is present and the condenser has bee changed.
Hi Thank you for that
with the cap off can you see the points sparking
if not, get a jumper wire , and secure it to a good ground,
then touch the other end to the points base plate
let me know you findings
there is good spark at the points.
Morning
Thank you for that
well you did replace Carb, and good spark at plugs
that only leaves the fuel pump itself
before you replace the fuel pump,
put a line from a container of fresh gas
to fuel pump, may have a faulty pick up line
there is no fuel pump it is gravity feed with a updraft carburater, fuel line, sediment bowl and tank have been ckecked.
Thank you for that
I have to opt-out and send to another expert,
I am going out of town for 3 days, in a hour
Don't reply to me or it locks question back to me
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If this is still stalling out but the misfire has been resolved check for vacuum leaks on the intake and the carburetor base, Try running from a separate fuel container to see if the problem still exists indicating a fuel suction leak or problem. Also drain and clean the carb bowl and check the choke for proper operation and for plugged jets in the carb. The ethanol gas today breaks down a lot faster than the prior blend and is corrosive to the internal parts of the carburetor if it is left sitting for any period of time. I recommend a clean and rebuild kit in the carb. If spark is ok then verify the timing is correct with a timing light and also check for a distributor short to ground causing this to stall out. One other thing you should check is do a compression test just to confirm your compression on all cylinders is in specs. Let me know
sorry I have not replied but have been dealing with wife's medical problems. Was able to spend a little time on the problem today all of the suggestions have been tried except the timing. Was able to start the tractor today and ran it for about 10 minuties as long as I hold the rod from the govenor to the carburator so that there is no change in speed, any changes either up or down cause it to stall out wich leads me to believe that the timing is correct but am questioning whether the distributor is advancing properly. not shure how to proceed with this.
Thanks for the update and I hope all is well with your wife. If the engine will run smooth with holding the throttle linkage but only at one RPM I would have to say that sounds more carburetor related to the air fuel mixture. I would check and drain the carb fuel bowl and check to be sure you have good fuel supply pressure. The ethanol blend gas is corrosive on carbureted engines and breaks down a lot quicker. Look for a blocked jet or any intake or vacuum leaks at the base of the carb and manifold. check choke operation as well. Let me know
I just wanted to let you know where I am on this problem, wife has been back in hospital for 4 days. I removed the rebuilt carburator that I had puurchased and installed for the missing problem and disscoverd it was warped or the uper and lower halfes did not match leaving a leak on the vacume side. Returned the carburator but now they are out of carburators so it will be about a week before I can get annother one. will let you know results.
Thanks for the update. I hope all is well with your wife. Keep me posted.
Installed a differnt carburator that was test run on a differnt tractor and still have same problem. can't believe it, thought problem was solved.
thanks for the update. If the timing is good and the distributor/ IGN system checks good, the carburetor is good, no intake manifold or vacuum leaks, Fuel supply to the carb checks good and verified by running from a separate fuel source and the fuel pump is good, then the next thing I would do is run a compression test on the engine to see if you might have a low cylinder and also check for a possible worn camshaft. Let me know
Dan, Technician