Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 1998 John Deere 345 lawn tractor runs to 30 minutes

Customer Question
my 1998 John Deere 345...
my 1998 John Deere 345 lawn tractor runs for 20 to 30 minutes and then the motor dies I have changed the coils and the fuel pump and the fuel filter and I have clean the gas tank and replaced fuel lines I have yet to clean the carburetor I will do that today I am still wondering if there is another issue though possibly a PC board
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/9/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Do you have electric solenoid in the base of the carburetor? Remove it, and plug the hole and run test to see if engine dies. Does not sound like PC board! Look at the board, it will have two LED's, both should stay on.

there is no electric solenoid on the carburetor this is a 1998 tractor with the Kawasaki two cylinder. I drained the bowl, quite a bit of gunk came out. I then ran the tractor for 1 hour before it died. we are now pulling the carb and doing a complete cleaning.

OK, later model shows to have solenoid, but cleaning the carburetor is the right move. Thanks for the reply.