Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Can't get m4900 kobato out of 4wheel drive. Have disconnected

Customer Question
linkage and tried and tried...
Can't get m4900 kobato out of 4wheel drive. Have disconnected linkage and tried and tried to manuelly shift with no help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
How do you discnnect drive shaft from transmisson to front axle
I do have a front end loader
Answered in 2 days by:
5/6/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Remove the bolts that mount the covers to the chassis and mount the center bearing. On each end there are splined couplers with roll pins through them. Remove the roll pins by driving them out with a punch then you can slide the coupler towards the middle of the drive shaft to allow it to drop out of there. Let me know if you need more help. If you need diagrams to help copy and paste this link in your browser to access the online parts catalog and select illustrated parts list, accept the terms and then type your model.
Dan do you have any idea why I am unable to get tractor out of 4wheel drive? I have no diagram on the actual shifting box therefor don't know what takes it in and out of gear. Going now to remove drive shaft so I will be able to drop shift box on bottom of transmisson to see what actually takes in and out of gear. Any thoughts?
Thanks for the update. Do you have the open rops or and enclosed Cab option? Here is the link for the parts page as I see it didnt post on my last response. You will need to copy and paste it in your browser.
http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx
Also for added FYI I found a PDF service book for under 20 dollars. Let me know if you have the enclosed cab or ROPS so I can refer to the correct information for you.
https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/155457439-kubota-m4900-m5700-tractor-workshop-service-manual
Ok i got front loader plate off. The cover over drive shaft has looks like a coupler in the middle. Will these cover slide into each other to expose ends of shaft so pins can be removed at each end?
The coupler in the middle is the center bearing. The shaft goes through that bearing and there is a snap ring in there as well. The end couplings will have a roll pin that once removed will allow the coupling to be slid back on the splines to allow the shaft to be dropped down. There is a parts breakdown at the link I posted prior. This will give yu a better idea of what I am referring to. Let me know
When i go to the site you sent it has kobato tractor pricing etc but nothing i saew for parts
You are right if could juct see a pitcure that would do it i think. I doo have a parts book ordered
Ok on the LH side click the link illustrated parts list. Then it will bring you to a page with a disclaimer. Click accept for the terms, then open to get to the parts book page. type in your model number and you will be onto the parts book. Let me know
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.
Dan, Technician