Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Kubota L3300 GST when you press the clutch pedal it…

I have a Kubota L3300...
I have a Kubota L3300 GST when you press the clutch pedal it knocks/hammers. Any idea what would cause this?
4/7/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Clutch release bearing is bad! It makes the noise when it contacts the pressure plate fingers and the bearing turns, causing the noise. Only repair is to split the tractor and replace the bad bearing!
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Clutch release bearing fine.
Rear main bearing going out. Pushing clutch in puts pressure against the flywheel and causing knocks, slop in the rear main bearing. At this point we have pulled the engine and going thru it. No cylinder wear, we are going to replace bearings and see what happens from there.