Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I am Steve from Minnesota. I have a 7810 JD. I just drained…

Customer Question
Hi I am Steve from...
Hi I am Steve from Minnesota. I have a 7810 JD. I just drained the trans oil and the hyd oil. I removed the drain plug from the rear end , the MFWD clutch housing , and the trans also both filters and the pipe with the screen in the rear end. That's what the owners manual says to do. Now my question is how come I only got about 16 gallons drain oil out when the book says it holds 26? the oil level was to the top mark in the sight glass before I drained it. I don't want to put new fluid in if there is still 10 gallons of dirty oil in the system.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
I didn't lower the 3 pt hitch before draining. The manual didn't say to. I realize now that there is oil in the cylinders that raise the 3 pt hitch , but not 10 gallons. Is there a way to lower the hitch with out the engine running? Obviously I can't run it with the oil drained.
I have now waited more than 12 hours for a response. The initial advertising said that '' Kevin, a expert tech is on line and ready to answer my question. Obviously that is not quite how this service works. I am not impressed. This is the first time I have tried this service, and it will also definitely be the last. I am now on my way to visit my local JD dealer to get the answers I need. That is what I should have done in first place!
3/16/2015
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 7 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman
Hi I'm Wayne
I see that you been waiting awhile
do you still need help with this
let me know
Sorry for the long delay