Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My Kubota L3300 has a transmission PTO as opposed to an independent…

My Kubota L3300 has a...
My Kubota L3300 has a transmission PTO as opposed to an independent PTO. The PTO makes a ratcheting noise and stops spinning when a load is applied. There are no other symptoms. Would that be a bad clutch pack?
3/1/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
With the manual pto. go to the lever on the transmission housing , remove the linkage and see if the lever is moving full travel. If it is , then the internal shift fork and gear has to be worn and is slipping. If the outside lever is problem, just adjust the linkage to match the lever to get full engagement.
When you say manual pto, I guess you are referring to the fact that I have to select pto on or off with the little lever.
Yes, mechanical shift lever for the pto. Independent is a hydraulic clutch pto.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
That was a good suggestion and I checked it out but there was no problem there. What I think I have learned is the lever doesn't control a shift fork or gear, it runs a hydraulic valve. My tractor does not have an independent PTO, it has a transmission PTO and I don't think it has its own clutch pack like the independent PTO has.