Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Trying to attach a loader bucket to my John Deere 650 Utility…

Customer Question
Trying to attach a loader...
Trying to attach a loader bucket to my John Deere 650 Utility Tractor. I have a valve, and the loader, but I'm not 100 percent sure how to do the hydraulics. I have some compression t's and stuff, but I need an explanatory diagram or instructions or walkthrough. The loader is a John Deere model 410 loader (off a different tractor), and my valve is a BRAND LV32 which is preset to 2000 psi.
I also don't know what the PSI is of the hydraulic pump on my tractor.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/24/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Curtis B. :

RP18/RP1854_________UN01JAN94.gif
Full Size Image

Curtis B. :

# ***** tube is the pressure tube from the pump. This would be the line you either have to cut and use your tee in fro pressure to the control valve, or get the hydraulic block from Deere that would let you attach it directly to the pressure line.

Curtis B. :

You can use any opening in the transmission case / rear end to run the return to. Your pump is a 2000 psi pump. And is what the pressure is set at on the three point.

So I can hook it up anywhere between the pump and the valve under the seat?
Makes no difference, anywhere in the tube is the same result.
So the tube constantly has pressure and the valve on the back is not constantly bypassing?
Tube always has flow from the pump.
I know it always has flow. My question is does it always have pressure?

No, there is little pressure. Pressure is a result of restriction, when a valve is closed. Without the pressure block from Deere, you will need to move the three point control to get the loader valve to work with pressure. As soon as you move the three point, the tube will be pressured. There is another way, and that is to route the pressure from the tube, through the valve and back to the other side of the tube. The when valve is used for loader, it will pressure the system.

Wouldn't we need a passive valve to do that?
Is your new valve open center or closed center? Open center would work and not need another valve.
how can I tell?
Blow air into the inlet side. if it comes out the outlet, it is open center. If air will not blow through, it is closed center.
It's open center then.
It will work for you. I would route the pressure in to the inlet, and back to the tube via the outlet. The when you work the loader valve you have pressure. When loader valve is in neutral, the tractor hydraulics will work as they do now.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician