Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Kubota L2850D GST. Move problem. Goes @ low RPM goeswell,

Customer Question
Kubota L2850D GST. Move problem...
Kubota L2850D GST. Move problem. Goes @ low RPM goeswell, @ heigher RPM- 50ft and stops moving. Like transmission runs out of fluid.,Idle down for a minute, goes back into gear. As I said low RPM runs along fine. Fluid level is up, and fresh. Already asked for info before and paid the price. No answer as of yet. I was told it will have to be split, I need to know what to look for once it is split. George @ *****@******.***
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/7/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
With GST model, I don't see a reason the tractor would have to be split! Have you checked the in line from the pump , at the transmission case, just below the transmission side cover? This is an orifice fitting and if it is restricted, you could be getting too little oil for the transmission. This is the fitting that holds the line in place. If it is good, then the side cover for the GST can be removed and the valve parts checked. All without having to split the tractor. Only if you had a slipping clutch pack would the tractor have to be split. The main pump has to serve all the other functions, so do you have any other function, loader or three pint that gives problem?