Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My Kubota B21 model year 2000 serial 54224. There is an extension…

My Kubota B21 model year...
My Kubota B21 model year 2000 serial 54224. There is an extension tube coming out of the front axle.In the tube is a Metal bulb like part about 3" long and 3" in diameter and extends to the rear of the tractor. At the bottom of this bulb is a hole about 1//16" in diameter. Oil is leaking from that hole. What is going on?
12/6/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Curtis B. :

I see nothing that seems to fit what you are referring to. You do mean on the axle housing? Not drive shaft? Axle has breather and oil gage, but neither should be going to rear of tractor.??

Customer:

sorry for the delay. I finally found the part. It is the drive shaft cover (part number 6C040-5755-0). If you have a picture, you will see the bulb like section of the cover. There is a hole in the bottom of this bulb. The picture does not show this hole. It doesn't appear to be a crack, but more like a bored hole about 1/16". Should it be there or is it a puncture? Could there have been a plug that has come out? I assume that it is axle oil that is leaking.

Curtis B. :

The hole is a drain hole. It is drilled there. What is happening , is you have a leak at the transmission yoke or the front yoke to the front wheel drive. To repair you will have to remove the cover and the drive shaft.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician