Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Curtis - Your help is needed for two questions ! We bought…

Customer Question
Curtis - Your help is needed...
Curtis -
Your help is needed for two questions ! We bought our BX1500 a year ago with 300 hours on it. It ran fine last winter and most of the summer.
1. Over the course of abut 8 weeks, the lift for the 3 point lift/lift for the mower deck began operating more slowly. When I connected up the hoses for the front end loader last week, none of the hydraulic functions work. Any advice on how to fix this?
2. I am in the process of changing the transmission/hydraulic fluid and checking the screen and filter. The fluid I am draining is clean and red in color. The Kubota fluid I purchased is clear. The manual notes in bold that I should not mix fluids from different manufacturers. If I use the Kubota fluid, do I need to drain the fluid from the loader side of the system?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/23/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Fluid will be fine, you do not need to drain the loader side of the system. As far as the hydraulic system, if it does not lift the deck and the loader, you could have a bad pump! Has it been getting worse or did it quit all at once? Sounds like it got worse over time, that usually means the pump is losing pressure. Is this something you will try to repair, or will you take it to dealer?
Great to see your answer so quickly! Yes, the problem has been getting worse gradually. It was also low a 1/2 quart of fluid when it stopped. I added fluid, but that did not make a difference. I plan to repair it. I do have the dealer version of the repair manual, but have never worked on hydraulic systems before. The trouble shooting guide indicates that if there is noise when the hydraulic lever is engaged, then it could be the pump. If there is no noise when the lever is engaged, then it could be the hydraulic valve. There is no noise.
I assume the hydrostat transmission is working ok? If it is, do you you have a separate hydraulic pump mounted on the right front of the engine for the loader hydraulics? If only the one pump. and hydrostat works, the priority valve may be bad. mI can't get the Kubota parts site to load to see what the tractor has for pumps. I'm thinking only the one.
Yes, hydrostatic transmission is OK. You are right, only one pump with a hydraulic block type outlet for the loader.
The control valve for the hydraulics,is the valve on the left side of the hydrostat, I think that is where you will find the problem. I would check it for stuck valves or spring broken. Do you have the parts book showing the valve?
Yes, I have a break out parts image of the control valve assembly. There are separate images for the relief valve, flow priority valve, and control valve spool and control arm. How do I check for a stuck valve?
It will be stuck in the housing, Just take one section apart at a time, and check each one. Priority would be my guess.
Thanks, Curtis. There is a lot of stuff to remove to access this area. What can I do to prevent this from happening again?
Nothing, it is not from anything you did or didn't do. Just happens sometimes. Let's hope that works! Let me know. Thank you.